Travel Tips That May Keep You Alive
• When traveling don’t flash a lot of money in public places for others to see. There too many dishonest people around, and seeing all that cash makes you a target. Take at least half of your money in traveler's checks and keep the numbers to the checks in a separate place.
• Always keep a blanket, flashlight, and snacks in the car in case you get stranded. You may think this won't happen if you have a cellphone, but you may not be able to get a strong enough signal everywhere you are traveling.
• Don't tell strangers where you will be camping or where you will be staying. Again, trust is not a luxury to take for granted.
• Keep your automobile full of fuel. If you stop to eat and the tank is half full, go ahead and fill it up. Running out of fuel is a sure way to ruin a trip.
• Keep a gallon jug of water in the vehicle in case the radiator overheats and for drinking if needed.
• Research your trips well before leaving, including what towns are large enough for restaurants, fuel, and lodging.
• Don't travel with all your credit cards. Take one to three cards and leave the rest at home. If you lose your wallet or it gets stolen, you have fewer problems to deal with. Most people don't use half the cards they carry around regularly.
• Remember that alcohol makes your reflexes slower and it could mean the difference between life and death. Avoid drinking in excess and certainly never while operating your vehicle.
• Try to blend in. Think twice about running around in a tube top and daisy dukes. Being noticed can land you in trouble.
• If you don't have GPS on your phone or in your vehicle, always take a map when traveling in unfamiliar areas.
• Be sure you have a spare tire and jack, plus a few tools in the car.
Safe traveling can be accomplished by using common sense. Vacations are a time to explore and enjoy life, not deal with unnecessary problems. Take some time to be safe and enjoy your trip or vacation so when you get home you can start planning the next one. Before and after your road trip, remember to stop by Fast Freddy’s Car Wash so your vehicle is clean and ready to roll!